Peter George, Company Leader at Outokumpu, co-ordinated the next breakfast seminar in conjunction with The Next Level on the 26th of November at Boheme Cafe once again. Now a regular feature to this forum, the morning was separated into four parts – :
- Glenn Guilfoyle, founder of The Next Level and Australia’s leading expert on B2B sales team optimisation, delivering a short “how to” piece on developing your selling systems – the qualitative part.
- Philip Finocchiaro, Senior Business Development Manager at Dun & Bradstreet, then presented a short piece on Building the Sales Pipeline.
- Peter George then facilitated a panel discussion on these topics.
- The Panel then facilitated an audience wide plenary discussion for all to join in the debate and cross pollinate experiences.
On the panel were:
- Graeme Orr – CEO of the Sales and Marketing Institute.
- John Day – Managing Director of Day Consulting.
- Zoran Jovanovski – General Manager (Aust/NZ) of Dunlop Foams.
KEY TAKE AWAYS
- valid business reasons and visit design
- partnership plans and calendars
- pipeline specification for tracking and measurement
- building your pipeline using existing customers and effective lead sources
- knowing what you don’t know about your customers and the market and how that drives sales
- finding customers who can buy from AND will pay on time
- prospecting and pitfalls – strategies to maximise your sales effort.