Go-to-market review. Salesforce effectiveness program. Value chain sales strategy. These are just a few of the initiatives organisations are attempting as they grapple with the fundamental issue of maximising sales resource marshalling and return-on-investment. The tension is often high in an environment like this…..the top line is increasingly harder to maintain and may be falling; the full cost of sales and servicing the customer is increasingly harder to defend.
In a period where it seems there has never been greater pressure to keep the customers we have, as well as find new ones to service, there is a need for a set of simple tools to help business leaders review current sales resource structure, roles, productivity levels and deployment; model alternatives; internally debate and decide amongst the alternatives; plan the new RoI solution; and implement it.
In these difficult economic times, we commonly see leading sales organisations have an understanding of:
- The key elements of the toolset– headcount; visit activity benchmarks; customer coverage; prospect penetration
- The critical inputs:
- reviewing channel sales strategy,
- defining farming-hunting-servicing accountabilities,
- streamlining the order-to-delivery (for a goods supplier) or service-specification-mobilisation (for a services supplier) process,
- and how to qualify and quantify each of them.
- The benefits of a mathematical and methodological approach to classifying the customer base and setting associated visit productivity benchmarks
- The flow-through to defining the prospect pool to be targeted and how to get the right farming-hunting mix for your unique sales resource RoI challenge
- Modelling for alternative sales headcount and deployment alternatives
We would be delighted to offer you a no obligation meeting to discuss how you can maximise sales resource ROI in your business.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling (03) 8300 0340.
Did you know The Next Level can offer you Development and Learning Workshops?
We facilitate half-day workshops and whole day boot camps using real sales data, or 1-2 hour presentations – ideal for a company sales conference.
- Sales vs Customer Service responsibility split
- Farming vs Hunting vs Servicing roles split
- Customer Classification /Prospect Profiling
- Account management (farming)
- Prospect management (hunting)
- Face to face sales methodology
- Sales resource return-on-investment modelling
- Sales territory structure & mapping
- Sales scoreboard
- Sales team internal benchmarking