The 5 tranches of data you need to generate and collect to run your annual Sales Team Optimisation are:
- CV (current value)… across the entirety of your customer base, biggest goliath through to all your little rats and mice, generate/collect the data representing each customer’s revenue and margin contribution to your business in relation to products/services portfolio of the sales team being optimised
- PV (potential value)… for each customer and prospect, again top to bottom, generate/collect the data representing each customer/prospect’s total throughput/consumption/spend of all products/services within the categories in which you compete and as relevant to the sales team being optimised
- cost of sales/cost to serve/cost of visit/cost of minimum level face to face account management… this needs to include all of the costs to fully mobilise the sales team being optimised, plus first level sales management costs, plus the appropriate proportion of any other internal team/department that directly serves the customer base relevant to the sales team being optimised
- external position in market data…needs to include size/shape/structure of the sales team being optimised along with all relevant competitor sales teams with market data e.g. size, respective market shares, growth rates/trends
- sales team member time to task allocation..needs to encompass an allocation of average times invested across the full range of activities conducted by the sales team being optimised
Come back next week to learn “the how to generate and collect each tranche of data” for your annual sales team optimisation.